Olight S1R Batton II Flashlight - Review
I carry a number of flashlights in the 4x4 when we go camping. I also keep a few around the house. It is one of those very useful pieces of gear which stays out of sight out of mind until the need arises.
When overlanding I keep my flashlights "strategically" in places of easy access. These can be very useful around the camp site or looking inside the vehicle for what ever reason.
In the past I have always gone cheap. Price was the primary deciding criteria. However, whilst they did their job, reliability and longevity was not all that great. A malfunction when you least expect is something I am too familiar with.
So with the need to get some new flashlights for our travels, I went with a more established brand (recommended by a friend) - Olight. I had never tried this brand before so decided on getting one to start with. This was the Olight S1R Batton II flashlight.
It is a tiny little, feather weight unit with a big output. Initial impressions I was very pleased. The build quality was excellent.
I my review video I do a night test to demonstrate how well this little unit works.
- 1,000 lumens maximum output (there are four power settings.)
- Textured milling for a perfect grip and feel.
- Balanced hot spot for optimal clarity and a soft transition to maintain comfortable vision during use.
- Three-colour power level indication: Once the light is turned on, the power indicator located in the center of the side switch shows the power level in three colors (Green: Power>60%, Yellow: Power is between 10% and 60%; Red: Power<10%)
- Magnetic charging.
- Magnet at the back of the flashlight so the unit can be affixed to any metal surface for convenience.
Turbo setting - 1000 lumens, 37 minutes battery life, 145m light throw.
High setting - 600 lumens, 45 minutes battery life, 100m light throw.
Medium setting - 60 lumens, 3hrs and 40 minutes battery life, 40m light throw.
Low setting - 12 lumens, 20hrs battery life, 15m light throw.
Moon setting - 0.5 lumens, 8 days battery life.
Water proof - 2m.
Length - 63mm
Bezel diameter - 21mm
Weight - 51g (including battery)
IN THE BOX:
- Battery box.
- Usb magnetic charging cable.
- Storage pouch.
*As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.